I enjoy cooking a great meal for my family, but I don’t always have the time and energy to do so by the end of the day. This pesto and goat cheese pasta recipe has become on of my favorites for many reasons. It only uses 4 ingredients, it takes only 20 minutes to make, it is super easy, and tastes delicious!
- 7 oz pesto
- 4 oz goat cheese
- ½ box of angel hair pasta
- vegetables (I used 2 bell peppers)
- Bonus ingredient: Wine of course! I enjoy a glass of wine when I am cooking!
- Boil water for pasta.
- In a large saucepan, heat the pesto and goat cheese over medium heat until cheese is melted. (about 5 minutes)
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook using the time on the box.
- Add vegetables to the pesto and goat cheese mixture. Keep on medium heat and cover, stirring occasionally. (about 5 minutes)
- Pour sauce and vegetables over drained pasta. Toss until pasta is well covered.
- Serve warm or cold!
This is one of Dave’s favorite dishes that I make! You can make it with a different type of pasta, or try it with different vegetables. You can add in some grilled chicken too! You can serve it warm right away, or refrigerate it and serve it as a cold side dish, perfect for summer cookouts. This light tasting pasta is perfect for a summer night, and made even better with a glass of sauvignon blanc or pinot grigio!